Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Time

Those of you who really know me, know that Christmas is my most favorite time of year. I am not quite sure if it was because my birthday is in December or what. Grandpa Priday was a great example to me when it came down to loving this time of year. I have found that as I am now responsible for the excitement of not only myself but my wife and kids as well it tends to be more work than I remember being a kid. I must have done something right so far because the kids had the tree and lights up a week and a half before Thanksgiving.
The things I am constantly learing about Christmas:

1. Even though I want one of these


I will be lucky if I get


2. The wife might want....
but she will have to settle for....
Not a gift I would suggest FYI.
For you men out there (and you women who would enjoy a good laugh), I strongly suggest you watch this video (click here)
3. The kids are asking for

but will be sorely disappointed when all they get is
When in all actuallity I am truely grateful to even have a job. Because one of these


keeps me from having to do this....
So as for me and my house this year, we are going to do more of this
and a lot less of


that's a picture of a bunch of escalators in a shopping mall if you can't tell. We are grateful for family and friends. And especially for the real reason we celebrate this season.

3 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

Hey Mike! Wow! I am so glad to hear from you and see your blog! I can't beleive how grown up your family is. Where has the time gone? I remember when you lived in Tucson and we came and visited you guys...seems like yesterday. I think Cade & Sterling shaved their heads if I remember correctly! :) I loved seeing all the fun things you guys have been up to. I agree with you- Granpda Priday sure has helped us all love Christmas! I am excited to keep in touch more.

Anonymous said...

Great addition to the blog!!! I loved it, however I guess I'm weird because I would have preferred the vacuum to the diamond necklace. Love, MOM Priday

Lori said...

sooo true (all of it. the work to get things ready, the reality of what we'll get or give for chirstmas, and really why we celebrate.)